Instrotech News & Articles
Magnetic Inductive Flowmeter
Operated by electromagnetic measurement, a voltage is induced in a conductor moving through a magnetic field.
The electrically conductive measuring agent acts as the moved conductor. The voltage induced in the measuring agent is proportional to the flow velocity and is thus a value for the volumetric flow. The flowing media must have a minimum conductivity. The induced voltage is picked up by two sensing electrodes in contact with the measuring agent and are sent to the measuring amplifier.
The flow rate is calculated on the cross-sectional area of the pipe. The measurement is not dependent on the process liquid and its material properties, such as density, viscosity and temperature. Two given outputs can be set to either: switch, analogue or frequency. A dosing function can also be selected.
MIS characteristics for:
- Function package C3T: Flow measurement, counting, dosing, alarm, Hotkeys, rotatable display
- HastelloyÒ C276, titanium, platinum, tantalum, stainless steel
- NBR, EPDM, soft rubber, PTFE
- Monitoring, dosing (with external control input) and transmitter function
- Coloured, multi-parameter configurable TFT-display, rotatable in 90° steps
- Bidirectional measuring
- Intuitive setup menu (4 optical touch keys)
- 2 configurable outputs (pulse-/frequency-/alarm- and analogue output)
- Grand and resettable totalizer
Areas of Application
- Water & waste water treatment
- Water distribution network (leakage detection management)
- Water tapping and irrigation
- Filtration systems (e.g. reverse osmosis and ultrafiltration)
- Industrial applications