Instrotech News & Articles
Accurate relative humidity and high temp measurements in harsh environments
Many industrial processes involve high temperatures, often combined with harsh and corrosive environments. These types of conditions are not normally the best environment for precision instrumentation to be placed, as the sensors and equipment can degrade quickly.
The new, rugged Michell DT722 relative humidity and temperature transmitters for industrial use. These pre-configured products have been chosen to meet the requirements of many standard humidity measurement applications. They are specifically designed for process applications within HVAC, agriculture and environment, where accurate, stable measurement and control of humidity and temperature is required.
Features of the DT722 are:
· Designed for accurate measurement in a harsh environment
· Calculated moisture signal output, optional
· Integral loop powered display – optional
· 0 to 100% RH / -40 to +150°C operating ranges
· Long term stability: ±1% RH over 12 months
· M12 fast connector and cable gland
The units are exceptionally reliable and robust with a strong, stainless steel housing providing corrosion resistance, protection against rough handling or accidental damage and ingress protection to IP65 (NEMA 4). Additionally, the probe can withstand temperatures up to 150°C.